Rediscovering New England — Rediscover New England’s rich history, scenic beauty and colorful stories with our new collection of OverDrive ebooks and audiobooks. Hikes, drives, and sites are nearby for a daytrip or longer stay, or just curl up with a good local story.
NOBLE OverDrive Magazines –You’ll find over a thousand magazine subscriptions in many languages and from around the world in our OverDrive collection! There’s no waiting list for magazines, and they don’t count against your checkout limit.
Irish-American Heritage Month — March 17 is St. Patrick’s Day and March is Irish-American Heritage Month. Here are some fiction and nonfiction ebooks and e-audiobooks about Ireland and the Irish from our OverDrive collection, which you can download or stream to you smartphone, tablet, Kindle or other device!
- Newbery Medal — The John Newbery Award is given annually for the greatest contribution to children’s literature
- Caldecott Award — The Randolph Caldecott Award is given annually to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Michael L. Printz Award — The Michael L. Printz Award is given annually to a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. It is named for a Topeka, Kansas, school librarian who was a long-time active member of the Young Adult Library Services Association. The award is sponsored by Booklist, a publication of the American Library Association
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal — The Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal is awarded annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished informational book published in the United States in English during the preceding year. The award is named in honor of Robert F. Sibert, the long-time President of Bound to Stay Bound Books, Inc. and is administered by the Association for Library Service to Children, American Library Association.
- Sydney Taylor Book Awards — The Sydney Taylor Book Award is presented annually to outstanding books for children and teens that authentically portray the Jewish experience. Presented by the Association of Jewish Libraries since 1968, the award encourages the publication and widespread use of quality Judaic literature.
Libby App — Did you know you have free access to thousands of ebooks, audiobooks and magazines from the NOBLE OverDrive collection? You can borrow them instantly to read on your phone, tablet or other device. You can even use your NOBLE library card to “visit” the collections and borrow ebooks and audiobooks from other systems around the state!
NOBLE Book Awards 2018 — Who better to give tips on great books than your local librarians? Library staff voted for their favorite books of 2018 for different age groups and categories. Here’s a list of the winners and runners up, linked to the library catalog to make it easy to find and request them!
Looking for a good book? Try NoveList Plus, an online service helps you find the next book in a series, fiction or nonfiction titles based on subject, genre or mood, read-alikes for your favorite authors or books, reading group guides and more. You’ll need your library card to use this from home.
NoveList Plus — “Find your next great read”