Skip to content
ALA Book Awards
- Newbery Medal — The John Newbery Award is given annually for the greatest contribution to children’s literature
- Caldecott Award — The Randolph Caldecott Award is given annually to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children.
- Michael L. Printz Award — The Michael L. Printz Award is given annually to a book that exemplifies literary excellence in young adult literature. It is named for a Topeka, Kansas, school librarian who was a long-time active member of the Young Adult Library Services Association. The award is sponsored by Booklist, a publication of the American Library Association
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal — The Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal is awarded annually to the author(s) and illustrator(s) of the most distinguished informational book published in the United States in English during the preceding year. The award is named in honor of Robert F. Sibert, the long-time President of Bound to Stay Bound Books, Inc. and is administered by the Association for Library Service to Children, American Library Association.
- Sydney Taylor Book Awards — The Sydney Taylor Book Award is presented annually to outstanding books for children and teens that authentically portray the Jewish experience. Presented by the Association of Jewish Libraries since 1968, the award encourages the publication and widespread use of quality Judaic literature.