The First Congregational Church dedicated this Everett Square building in 1852. Many of Everett’s founding fathers and their families attended services here. The Town of Everett had their first meeting here in 1870.
The occupants have changed over the years, as has Everett. The First Congregational Church unfortunately no longer exists. The building, however, lives on. The only major alteration was the removal of the steeple above the bell tower in 1911. It is the oldest public building in Everett.