New Year’s Day
- FamilyFun: New Years — Ideas for celebrating the New Year with the whole family
- Merpy’s New Year — Learn how to say Happy New Year in many different languages!
- Holiday Fun: New Year’s Day — Fun stuff for kids from Primarygames.com
- Happy New Year — Games, calendars and other fun things from Billy Bear’s Playground
- Tournament of Roses — Read about the annual Tournament of Roses Parade and the Rose Bowl Game
- The L Street Brownies Polar Plunge — Every year since 1904, South Boston’s L Street Brownies have plunged into the ocean to welcome the New Year. This article from the Mass Moments site describes the origins of this tradition.
- New Year’s Recipes — Recipes to start the New Year off right from Allrecipes.com
- The Best New Year’s Eve Recipes — Entertaining ideas from the Food Network
- New Year’s Books for Kids — Children’s books to ring in the New Year.
The Best of 2014
- A Year in Search — Google’s year in review and top 100 searches
- NPR’s Book Concierge: Our Guide To 2014’s Great Reads — The year’s best books from National Public Radio.
- Notable Children’s Books of 2014 — The New York Times’ picks for best children’s books of the year
- Pitchfork’s Highest Rated Albums of 2014 — Pitchfork’s choices for the best music of 2014
- Rex Reed: The Best Films of 2013 — The New Observer critic’s picks for best movies of the year
- Time picks the top 10 photos of 2014— The year’s best pictures as selected by Time Magazine
Looking Ahead to 2015
- Bing offers a glimpse of the future with 2015 predictions Bing’s list of emerging trends for 2015
- Housing Outlook 2015: 11 Predictions From The Experts — Insights from Forbes Magazine
- Super Bowl 2015 Predictions: Who NFL Experts Picked In Week 1 To Win The Championship — Who will win it all? Predictions from the International Business Times
- New Food Trends 2015 — What foodies need to know for 2015 from the Huffington Post
- 10 Crazy Travel Trends to Watch in 2015 — Wine Enthusiast’s picks for 2015
- Best in Travel 2015 — The best travel destinations in 2015 from Lonely Planet
Spring 2015’s most wearable fashion trends–Glamour Magazine’s picks for the coming season