Bike to Work Week May 11-15
Bike to Work Week is an international event during which commuters around the world will leave their cars at home and travel to work on their bicycles. Why not join them?
- Bay State Bike Week — The Massachusetts Dept. of Transportation and the Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition (MassBike) are co-sponsoring Bay State Bike Week, a week-long series of events around the state to promote cycling as transportation, that coincides with Bike to Work Week.
- League of American Bicyclists — This national advocacy group provides a variety of resources related to all things cycling
- Bikes Not Bombs — BNB provides community-based education and assists development projects with recycled bicycles, related technologies and technical assistance…”
- Boston Biker — This site features a number of cycling-related blogs.
- Commute by Bike — This site, specifically for commuters, offers tips for beginner’s, a database of commuter bicycle brands, and reviews of bicycles and related products.
- Massachusetts Cycling Clubs — A comprehensive listing of cycling clubs throughout the state
- North Shore Cyclists — Recreational cycling club for North Shore cyclists.
- Essex County Velo — “Essex County Velo is a nonprofit, volunteer organization whose mission is to enhance the opportunities for members to enjoy the numerous benefits derived from the simple, youthful act of riding a bike.”
Cycling Resources and Book List
- Bike New England — Bike routes, maps and organized cycling tours throughout New England
- Routes & Rides for Recreational & Avid Cyclists — A database of cycling routes and trails in the U.S. and Canada that is searchable by state from Pedaling.com
- Bikekinetix — Bikekinetix is a “mountain bike trails ride and resources guide to scenic, wilderness, historical or romantic cycling adventures in the Northeast U.S. and New England for experienced riders or beginners.”
- Cycling Booklist — A list of titles for cycling enthusiasts all linked to the NOBLE catalog