Arbor Day is a state holiday celebrated each year on last Friday in April. This year Arbor Day is on April 24th.
- National Arbor Day Foundation — Information from the official Arbor Day site.
- Today in History: Arbor Day — This page from the Library of Congress American Memory project brings together some interesting historical photographs, posters and other items related to Arbor Day
- Trees — The famous poem by Joyce Kilmer
- Interational Society of Arboriculture — Events, publications, research and more.
- The world’s 10 oldest living trees — A slideshow of the oldest existing trees from Mother Nature Network
- The World’s Tallest Tree Is Hiding Somewhere In California — This story from NPR describes the largest known tree in existence with images and an amazing video of an ecologist climbing to its top to measure its height
- American Forests — The Web site of the oldest nonprofit conservation organization in the United States has news and information, online access to American Forests’ Magazine, a carbon footprint calculator and much more.
- Arbor Day Crafts — Some ideas for children from Enchanted Learning
- Arbor Day Classroom Activities — Coloring pages, crafts for kids, word searches from the Apples4TheTeacher website
- National Arbor Day — Arbor Day lessons and teacher resources from Hot Chalk’s Lesson Plans Page
- Arbor Day Lesson Plans — Lesson plans for all grade levels from the Lesson Planet site.