Catalog & Other Resources
The library comes to you!
Library Catalogs | New Resources | Downloadables | General Research | For Students | Classes | Health | Business and Law | Literature | Mango Languages | Biographies | Genealogy/History | Recursos en Español
These sources provide instant access to articles from popular magazines, scholarly journals, encyclopedias, newspapers, and more. You will be asked to enter your library card number when logging in to some of these resources.
- NEW AtoZdatabases — AtoZdatabases is the Premier Job Search, Reference & Mailing List Database including 30 million business profiles & 220 million residents.
- NEW Morningstar Investment Research — Investment data from a leading financial research company. Our license allows one user at a time so if you get an error message, try again in a few minutes.
- NEW Cypress Resume — Helps you build your own resume quickly and easily.
- NEW World Geography and Culture Online — Packed with information for world travelers and interested students.
- Overdrive – OverDrive is an electronic service that lets you download audiobooks or e-books to your computer and then transfer the file to iPods, certain MP3 players or certain e-book readers.
The Newspaper databases include articles written by staff journalists but not materials such as stock reports, classifieds, or advertisements.
- Academic Search Elite – Full text for more than 1,500 peer-reviewed titles.
- Expanded Academic ASAP – This database meets research needs across all academic disciplines.
- ERIC – A selection of more than 450 full-text academic journals in education.
- Educators Reference Complete – A selection of more than 450 full-text journals in education.
- Kids Search – Easy searching for kids in grades K – 8.
- Kids InfoBits – Easy searching for kids in grades K – 5.
- Middle Search Plus – Articles for middle and junior high school research.
- Infotrac Junior – Articles for middle school students covering current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
- Student Edition – Research articles for High School students.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context — Informed, differing viewpoints on many issues.
- Science in Context — From acid rain to zoology.
- LearningExpress Library — Tutorials and practice tests for the SAT, Civil Service Exams and much more.
- Universal Class – Universal Class is a collection of over 500 free non-credit continuing education courses. Register — Log in
- Mango Languages – Learn to speak a new language quickly and easily.
Business and Law
- HeritageQuest — Federal Census images from 1790 – 1930 and other information for genealogists.
- Sources available at the library — The library also subscribes to Ancestry.com and American Ancestors (from the New England Historical Genealogical Society). Due to licensing restrictions these sources are available only at the library.
- Encyclopedia of American Immigration – Articles about many immigrant groups and the issues surrounding immigration.
- Massachusetts History Online – Contains full-text articles gathered from almost 50 sources that directly relate to MA history.
- U.S. History in Context — Delivers coverage of the most-studied topics — from the arrival of Vikings in North America to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
- World History in Context — Reaches back to ancient times and extends to today’s headlines.
Recursos en Español