- Google — The most popular search engine on the Web
- Yahoo — The popular search and portal site, with guides to News, Sports, Weather, Finance and more
- GoodSearch — This search engine, powered by Yahoo, donates half of its advertising revenue to the charities, libraries and schools designated by the user.
- LII.Org: Librarians’ Index to the Internet — A large, browsable, searchable directory of websites selected and maintained by librarians for the general public.
- InfoMine — A large directory of websites selected and maintained by librarians for the academic community.
The following sites search multiple search engines at the same time: