Stromberg's Restaurant

From SalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Stromberg's was the original name of the restaurant which started in 1929 as a takeout window at the mouth of the Salem Beverly Bridge, according to their website history. With its success, it opened up two new locations, one at Salem Willows, and one at Dane Street Beach in Beverly. The original structure was expanded to a full service seafood restaurant and take-out chain.

The business was sold to the Kastrinakis family in the early 1970's. Son Peter took over the business, renovating the building and adding a dining deck as well. The restaurant's name was updated to The Black Lobster at Stromberg's Cove in approximately 2010.

In 2017, Black Lobster closed and a new restaurant called Jami's Kitchen opened in this location.


See Also