St. Joseph's Church
- St. Joseph's Church (Roman Catholic) is at 135 Lafayette Street at the corner of Dow St. This new structure was a replacement for the original Romanesque Revival church built c 1910/11. The former church was burnt to a hollow shell after the 1914 Salem Fire.
- For years the parish used the renovated cellar and tower bases of the old church, until 1949, when they started the new church.
- St. Joseph's Church is indicative of the International Style of architecture, with a minimum of ornament.
- "Four local churches to close; Plans to affect Peabody, Salem, Beverly, Danvers" Salem Evening News, May 26, 2004, p. A1
- Architecture in Salem by Bryant F. Tolles, p. 233-4.