The Salem Inn operates out of three historic homes. The largest is the Captain West House at 7 Summer Street, which has 23 rooms.
The Curwen House, an Italianate Revival home, built in 1854 at 331 Essex Street, has 11 rooms. The third is the Peabody House, a Dutch Colonial style
at 15 Summer Street. Dick and Diane Pabich have run the Inn for the past 28 years.
The Capt. West House was built as an investment for Capt. Nathanial West, a privateer commander during the Revolution. According to tax records, it was built c. 1833/34. It is a three-story pitched-roof brick house row. The front facade has doorways with porches supported by fluted Ionic columns. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
Architecture in Salem by Tolles, p. 102
The Salem Inn Official Website