This city cemetery is bounded by Orne and Appleton Streets and Liberty Hill Avenue. This cemetery, started in 1807, is also an arboretum and within its approximately 100 acres more than 200 species of trees thrive. A beautiful memorial chapel and conservatory, erected in 1894, by Walter Scott Dickson, in memory of his wife, is located here, and also a soldiers' monument, place here by the Sons of Veterans.
"Life among the dead" Salem Evening News, June 30,1989 p.1
"Trees of spring" Salem Evening News, March 24, 1990 p.1.