Collins Cove was named for Francis Collins, a carpenter. He was here in 1652, and perhaps as early as 1637. He lived on the southerly side of Essex Street, and a hundred feet easterly of English Street. Prior to this, the cove was known as Shallop Cove, after the shallop, a small open boat.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Collins Cove
- Collins Cove: Shallops and Shores Jerome Curley for Salem Patch
- History of Salem, Massachusetts by Sidney Perley, v. 3