Difference between revisions of "Collins Cove"

From SalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 4: Line 4:
 
*Vertical File in Salem Collection - '''Collins Cove'''
 
*Vertical File in Salem Collection - '''Collins Cove'''
  
*[https://patch.com/massachusetts/salem/collins-cove-shallops-and-shores Collins Cove: Shallops and Shores] Salem Patch
+
*[https://patch.com/massachusetts/salem/collins-cove-shallops-and-shores Collins Cove: Shallops and Shores] Jerome Curley for Salem Patch
  
 
*[http://evergreen.noblenet.org/eg/opac/record/1824024?locg=63 History of Salem, Massachusetts] by Sidney Perley, v. 3
 
*[http://evergreen.noblenet.org/eg/opac/record/1824024?locg=63 History of Salem, Massachusetts] by Sidney Perley, v. 3

Latest revision as of 10:32, 25 August 2017

Collins Cove was named for Francis Collins, a carpenter. He was here in 1652, and perhaps as early as 1637. He lived on the southerly side of Essex Street, and a hundred feet easterly of English Street. Prior to this, the cove was known as Shallop Cove, after the shallop, a small open boat.

See Also

  • Vertical File in Salem Collection - Collins Cove