Difference between revisions of "Collins Cove"

From SalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
*[http://innopac.noblenet.org/search/thistory+of+salem/thistory+of+salem/1%2C2%2C2%2CB/frameset&FF=thistory+of+salem+massachusetts&1%2C1%2C History of Salem], by Sidney Perley, v.3
 
*[http://innopac.noblenet.org/search/thistory+of+salem/thistory+of+salem/1%2C2%2C2%2CB/frameset&FF=thistory+of+salem+massachusetts&1%2C1%2C History of Salem], by Sidney Perley, v.3
 +
 +
[[Category:Browse Index]]
 
[[Category:Places]]
 
[[Category:Places]]

Revision as of 18:48, 17 April 2008

Collins Cove was named for Francis Collins, a carpenter. He was here in 1652, and perhaps as early as 1637. He lived on the southerly side of Essex Street, and a hundred feet easterly of English Street. Prior to this, the cove was known as Shallop Cove, after the shallop, a small open boat.

See Also