Revision as of 10:30, 17 April 2013 by Jstrom
The city clerk and staff has compiled a list of city squares that were named for Salem residents.
- The intersection of St. Peter St., Brown St. and Church St. is named Skinner Square, not East Indian Square, named for Fred Skinner.
- The intersection of Jefferson Ave., Lawrence St. and Story St. is MarcAurelle Square, named for Noel MarcAurelle.
- The junction of Jefferson Ave. and Margin and Summer Streets is Little Square, named for Norman A. Little.
- The junction of Grove, Goodhue and Beaver Streets is Sands Square, named in honor of Maurice C. Sands.
- The junction of Buffum and School Streets is Wilkins Square, honoring Charles A. Wilkins. Charles Wilkins died in World War I and lived at 23 Barr Street.
- The intersection of North and Bridge Streets is Buckley Square in honor of John J. Buckley.
- The junction of Ocean Ave., Canal Street and Pacific Streets is Joly Square, in honor of Fred Joly.
Veteran Squares Salem City website