Difference between revisions of "City Hall"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 19:32, 17 April 2008
Salem City Hall was built in 1837 from funds provided by the federal government and is opened on June 4, 1838. On May 31, 1838, Mayor Saltonstall delivered an address and the first meeting of the city council was held in the new building. Cost of City Hall, completed and furnished together with land was $22, 878. City Hall was enlarged in 1876 at the cost of $24,000.
- Chronicles of Old Salem by Frances D. Robotti, p.61
- Annals of Salem by Joseph B. Felt, Vol.1, p.399