Revision as of 11:56, 26 March 2014 by Jstrom
Bertini's Restaurant a family owned Italian restaurant has operated in the same building on Canal Street since 1943.
- Frank Bertini arrived here from Palermo, Sicily in 1915. Frank started with a grocery store (Bertini's Market) on North Main Street. When Frank's son Charles
was old enough to help in the restaurant, he opened up Bertini's.
- Charles and his wife, Esther, with numerous family members, were the sole chefs for years. The current owner, John A. Bertini and his wife Polly developed the business further. Today their son John has joined the business as well.
Legendary Locals of Salem ed. Curley, Malcolm, Dionne, p. 93