Ye Remembrance Shop
- Ye Remembrance Shop, a tea room, was at two locations: 97 Washington St. from approximately 1906 to 1910 and 114-116 Washington St. from 1911-1912.
- It was owned by Charles M. Duren, who was born in Chelsea in 1870. He lived in Danvers and Swampscott while operating his business in Salem.
- Mr. Duren opened "The Fernery Tea Room and Cake Shop" at 199 Essex St. around 1913 and was at that location until 1915 when he moved his establishment to Boston.
- In his later years, Mr. Duren, was associated with the J. B. Blood Co. of Lynn.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Remembrance Shop
- "Salem Scenes" Salem Evening News, Mar. 16, 1991, p. 5