Ste. Chretienne Academy
- An all-girls catholic school, now closed, situated in South Salem.
- The first building was built in 1936 and two more stories were added in 1948.
- In 1914, the order bought Loring Villa in south Salem and turned it into St. Chretienne Academy. The academy ran as a boarding school until 1971.
- The complex was sold to Salem State College in 1972 and it now serves as its South Campus.
- Ste. Chretienne's Academy had close ties to St. Anne's Grammar and High School. The Sisters of St. Chretienne taught at St. Anne's School until 1976.
- When the school closed, Sister Pauline Fortin, a St. Chretienne nun went on to earn an accounting degree from Salem State College.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Schools, Catholic
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Loring Farm (George Bailey Loring)
- "St. Chretienne's reunion" Salem Evening News, May 7, 1996, p. C3
- Sisters of St. Chretienne: a century of good work." Salem News, Oct. 24, 2003, p. A2
- Salem in Vintage Postcards ed. Mathias, Michaud, Turino, p. 45 (photographs of Ste. Chretienne)