St. Mary's Cemetery

From SalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

St. Mary's cemetery is on the Peabody/Salem line.

A Catholic cemetery started in 1849 next to St. Thomas Church.

A sculpture of Reverend John J. Gray is located in St. Mary's cemetery, 226 North St. Salem. Gray was pastor of St. James Catholic Church in Salem and was founder of St. John's church in Peabody. The bronze bust was

sculpted by Samuel J. Kitson and erected 1894.

See Also

  • Vertical File in Salem Collection - Cemeteries