Smith Pool was near the entrance of Winter Island Road, near the Salem Willows.
Opened on July 15, 1934 and closed in 1942.
It was closed for the duration of World War II and never re-opened.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Smith Pool
- Greetings from Salem ed. Mary Martin, p. 98-99
- The Polish Community of Salem F. Wilczenski and Murphy, p. 23 (photo)
- Salem Memories: the early years: a pictorial history Salem News, 2015 (photo pg. 132, 138)
- "Vast throng witnesses formal dedication of the J.C. B. Smith Memorial Pool at the Willows, Salem Evening News, July 16, 1934, p ?