Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites.
- Salem Planning Board approved a new hotel called Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites at Pickering Wharf in July 1999, developed by the Rockett family.
- After many years of legal battles with the Hawthorne Hotel over the right to build another hotel in the city and many discussions by the city councilors
and mayors about a tax deal given to the new hotel, the feud ended between the Rockett's and others on Oct. 1, 2002.
- The Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, which opened in 2004, has 86 rooms, a restaurant and meeting rooms as well a swimming pool.
- It was announced in 2011 that the hotel planned to add another hotel to the existing one, but this has been held up in court.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Waterfront Hotel
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Pickering Wharf
- Salem Waterfront Hotel website