Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
- Salem Planning Board approved a new hotel called Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites at Pickering Wharf in July 1999, developed by the Rockett family.
- After many years of legal battles with the Hawthorne Hotel over the right to build another hotel in the city and many discussions by the city councilors
and mayors about a tax deal given to the new hotel, the feud ended between the Rockett's and others on Oct. 1, 2002.
- The Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites, which opened in 2004, has 86 rooms, a restaurant and meeting rooms as well a swimming pool.
- It was announced in 2011 that the hotel planned to add another hotel to the existing one, but this has been held up in court.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Waterfront Hotel
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Pickering Wharf
- Salem Waterfront Hotel website
- "Action stalls in hotel plans; Expansion on hold due to ongoing legal battle in Rockett family" Salem News, Jan. 16, 2013, p. 8
- "Waterfront hotel needs help from the city to expand" Salem News, Aug. 3, 1007, p. A4
- "Salem Waterfront Hotel is planning a large expansion" Salem News, June 16, 2011, p. 2