Salem Female Charitable Society

From SalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

The Salem Female Charitable Society was organized in 1801. It was formed by a number of ladies, who were representatives of many of the prominent families in Salem. It assisted destitute widows and children. The society incorporated in 1804 and continued their work for 40 years. Later, they changed their mission to "aiding any poor deserving female and to help any worthy women who finds themselves in need of assistance" according to the 19th Annual Report of Associated Charities (1910)

See Also