Paul Revere Bell
- The minister of East Church, Reverend William Bentley, ordered this illustrious bell from Paul Revere's factory in Boston's North End in 1801. It hung from the belfry of the East church, then located at the corner of Hardy and Essex Streets. This was the third and largest bell to be used by this church.
- When the church was torn down in 1846, the bell was used for a time at the Bentley School, built on Essex Street in 1861.
- The bell is now housed at the Peabody Essex Museum.
Vertical File in Salem Collection - Revere Bell
Be-witched in Historic Salem Salem Chamber of Commerce, p. 22
Salem, Massachusetts ed. by K. Turino, p. 58