- Mourning Victory statue sits opposite St. Joseph's Church on Lafayette Street and Washington St. intersection, and was dedicated on Oct. 19, 1947. It is a 30 foot high, art deco marble shaft with woman's face.
- Sculpted by Joseph A. Coletti, this statue honors the "men and women of St. Joseph who served in World Wars I & II for God & Country."
- Inscribed on the base, in French, are the words "Time will not diminish the glory of their deed."
- The statue sits in Lafayette Park, a triangle shaped park created in 1916 and renovated in 1992.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - St. Joseph's Church
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Lafayette Park
- Mourning Victory Smithsonian Institution website
- "Dedication of statue, Mourning Victory" Salem Evening News, Oct. 20, 1947, p.12.
- "Public art, it's all over the North Shore" Salem Evening News, Aug. 30, 1988. p.5