Memorial to the Boys of the Immaculate Conception
Memorial to the boys of Immaculate Conception who served in their country in the World War.
- Erected in 1920 in memory of service men of World War I.
- This memorial is a tall rectangular granite monument with a bronze relief plaque depicting an allegorical female figure in classical dress. She stands holding a shield in one hand and a wreath and palm fronds in other.
- Located at Hawthorne Boulevard.
- Sculptor was Raymond Averill Porter (1883-1949)
- To see a list of other Veterans Memorials see Salem Veterans on Salem Links and Lore.
Memorial to the Boys of the Immaculate Conception Who Served their Country in the World War Smithsonian American Art Museum data
Immaculate Conception Parish War Memorial City Veteran's site