Kowalski, Walter (Killer)
- Walter (Killer) Kowalski was born on Oct. 13, 1926 in Ontario, Canada.
- He was married to Theresa Ferrioli. He died on Aug. 30, 2008 in Everett, Massachusetts.
- Standing at 6-foot 7, 285 pounds, he had instant credibility with wrestling fans.
- Kowalski was a wrestler and actor, known for WWF Championship Wrestling (1972) WCW Slamboree 1994 (1994) and WWF All-Star Wrestling (1972).
- After retiring from the ring, Kowalski turned teacher, opening up wrestling schools in both Salem and Boston YMCA before setting up shop in Malden.
- He earned his nickname during a 1952 match with Yukon Eric (Eric Holmback). An accident occurred in which part of Eric's cauliflower ear was ripped off.
The fans, assuming the accident was deliberate were horrified. The fans began calling him names like "maniac" and "killer". He adopted the new name and began his career
as a professional wrestler.
- He was inducted in the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2003.
Killer Kowalski auction draws interest Wicked Local, Aug. 15, 2011