Jack's (Clothing store)

From SalWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Jack's, a women's clothing store in Salem, operated from 1949 until its closing in 1998.

Jack Golick was a Boston retailer who opened his first store in Salem in an old curtain shop on Central Street.

His son Richard took over in 1958, after finishing a retailer's training program at Filene's in Boston.

The store moved to Essex street, in the Naumkeag Building (185-189 Essex St) in 1975.

When ready to retire, Dick Golick decided to close the store rather than sell the name his father had established to anyone outside the family.

See Also

"Jack's clothing store closing marks business climate" Salem Evening News, Sept. 23, 1998, p. C3