Hytron Radio and Electronics Co.
Lloyd and Bruce Coffin began making radio vacuum tubes in a garage on Oakland Street.
Their company, Hytron Radio and Electronics Co. (1921) would become one of the
largest producers of tubes in the nation. The firm shifted focus to television tubes after World War II and became part of the CBS empire in 1951.
According to the City Directories, Hytron was located at 76 Lafayette St. from at least 1937 to 1951.
"Scene of upcoming Christmas House Tour has remarkable history (North Salem)" Salem News, Nov. 29, 2010, p. 7