Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company
- Holyoke Mutual Insurance Company operated in downtown Salem from 1843-1993, when it was absorbed by MiddleOak.
- The company was named after the well-respected Dr. Edward A. Holyoke, a practicing physician in Salem and the surrounding area for 75 years.
- The first President was J. S. Williams and the first Secretary was John T. Burnham.
- The Holyoke was the major insurance company in Salem during the Salem Fire of 1914.
- The Holyoke Insurance Company building on Norman Street was built in 1936.
- After many successful years in the insurance business, Holyoke has a new parent company. At present day, MiddleOak provides insurance through Middlesex Mutual Assurance Co., formed in 1836, and Holyoke Mutual founded in 1843.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Holyoke Mutual
- "Holyoke in Salem Weathers 150 years" Salem Evening News, May 26, 1993, p. 9
- "How Holyoke Square got its name" Salem News, Aug. 1, 2012, p.4
- One hundred years of the Holyoke Mutual Fire Insurance Company in Salem, Massachusetts by Holyoke Mutual Fire Insurance Co., 1943,
- The Holyoke Mutual in the Salem Conflagration: a story of 1914 by C.P. Faunce, 1952
- "A salute to Holyoke Mutual - on its 125th Anniversary" Salem Evening News, Oct. 22, 1968, p. A1-6