- Disney film set in Salem. Starring Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy as the Sanderson sisters.
- Original release date was 1993. It was directed by Kenny Ortega and written by Mick Garris and Niel Cuthbert. It received mixed reviews but did well at the box office.
- Plot Synopsis:"In the year 1693, sisters, Winifred, Mary and Sarah were executed for their 'unforgiveble witchecraft'. They captured and sucked the life out of children. Just before their execution, Winifred made a curse - a curse that when a virgin lights the black flame candle on Halloween light, in their house, they shall return ... 1993, 300 years later, Max decides to light the candle in order to scare his irritating sister Dani and his wannabe girlfriend Alison. Now, the three Witches are back ready for a night of fun, magic and horror in the now modern area of Salem."
- Salem filming locations include: Salem Common, Pioneer Village, Forest River Park, Old Town Hall, Ropes Mansion and Phillips School(now condos). They filmed at a seaside cemetery and Old Burial Hill in Marblehead as well.
- Scenes were also shot at a home on Ocean Ave., used as Max and Dani's house.
- Cinema Salem: a cinematic guide to the Witch City by Peter Mac, Chapt. 3.
- Focus of Hocus Pocus, The Salem Evening News, July 17, 1993. staff article
- Film Review of Hocus Pocus, New York Times, July 16, 1993, p. C16
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Movies made in Massachusetts