Harmony Grove Cemetery
- Established in 1840 as a private, non-profit cemetery by four established Salem families. The original cemetery spanned 15 acres off Grove St. Over the years it has expanded and now covers 98 acres of land, 90% of the area is in Salem and 10% in Peabody.
- Blake Memorial Chapel is on the grounds and was dedicated in 1925.
- Some of the famous people buried there are: Frank W. Benson, Rev. William Bentley, George Peabody, Charles Lennox Remond, Leverett Saltonstall, Nathaniel Silsbee and Frederick Townsend Ward.
- Harmony Grove is the site of the only crematorium on the North Shore.
- Harmony Grove Cemetery List of names
- "A walk through Salem's historic Harmony Grove" Salem News, Aug. 27, 2007 p. A11
- Blake Memorial Chapel, Harmony Grove Cemetary, Salem, Massachusetts : Dedication of memorial windows and lectern Salem, 1925.
- Paradise on Grove Street (letters to the editor) Salem News, Apr. 22, 2014