Mid-century Salem school run for years by Daniel Galloupe, a memorable headmaster. Located on Dean St.(now Flint Street), Hacker School was established in 1785 as one of three town grammar schools. First known as the West School, the school was renamed in 1850 after its first headmaster, Isaac Hacker. The alumni had a series of annual reunions held beginning in 1888.
- Proceedings at the social reunion of the scholars of Master D. P. Galloupe Salem Press, 1889.
- "Tales from old grammar-school days in Salem" Salem Evening News, Sept. 1, 2008. p. 4