Essex Law Library
The Essex Law Library, located at 56 Federal Street in Salem in the J. Michael Ruane Judicial Center. It is one of seventeen Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries. It is a public law library and hopes to "provide access to current and historical sources of law and law related information in an efficient and timely manner."
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Phone: 978-741-0674
Some of the items they hold:
- State and Federal laws and cases accessible by books and computers.
- Electronic databases for legal research.
- Legal forms on disks and CD-ROMS.
- Book, audiotapes and videotapes on a variety of legal topics.
- A web site that provides a starting point for legal research in Massachusetts and beyond. The website is www.lawlib.state.ma.us