- Owned by Frank Donovan, this field (also called Legion Field) was located just off Bridge Street at the foot of Planter Street. It was used for baseball and football practice and games, boxing matches and even home for the traveling circuses like Ringling Brothers-Barnum and Bailey. Owner Donovan helped organize the New England Baseball League. The Salem Club was a good one and every weekend a bus load of ball players would arrive from anywhere in New England.
- Many circuses also used this field as well. Biller Brothers circus was noted in town in the Salem News, 6/20/1950
- At the foot of Planter St., was "the Point", a sandy area which people used for swimming. This area was later sold to New England Power Company and is used for power storage.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Donovan's Field
- Project Ballpark List of baseball teams using Donovan's Field, 1885-1930
- "Biller Brothers Circus at Donovan Field" Salem Evening News, 6/27/1950.
- "Advertisement for Circus at Donovan Field" Salem Evening News, on 6/20/50
- "Advertisement for Barnum & Bailey Circus" on Bridge St. Grounds, Salem Evening News, July 1, 1893