Delande Lighting first opened on Lafayette Street in 1918 as a plumbing business called Delande Supply Company.
The company later started converting gas fixtures to electric lights. In 1955, the store moved to 22 New Derby St.
The business expanded in 1984. It moved its wholesale component to a new 27,500 square foot warehouse in Peabody called
Deland Electrical Supply Co. The Salem store remained a lighting showroom.
In 2018, Deland Lighting announced it will close its retail shop on Derby Street. The Peabody warehouse on Pulaski Street will stay open.
Vertical File in Salem Collection - Businesses 2
"Deland Lighting to go dark" Salem News, Jan.22, 2018, p. 1