23rd Regiment Boulder
- This war memorial stands at the head of Winter Street, near the Salem Common.
- This granite boulder commemorates the service of the 23rd Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry in the Civil War. The 58 ton boulder was brought from Salem Neck in 1905.
- The bronze tablet records the names of the thirteen engagements in which the regiment took part. The cannon within the enclosure formerly were in front of the old Cadet Armory.
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Civil War Monuments
- Vertical File in Salem Collection - Veterans
- Visitor's Guide to Salem 1953 ed., p. 174.
- Salem: Statued and Monumental a film by Erik K. Smith