- Children 9 years and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We ask that everyone use walking feet (no running!) while in the library.
- Adults not accompanied by children are asked to check-in at the children’s desk.
- Library cards may only be used by the person to whom they are issued.
- You must sign up with a librarian at the desk before getting on a computer.
- Children in second grade and under must have an adult sitting with them at the computer.
- Computers are for use by children only.
- Children are guaranteed 30 minutes of total computer/tablet time per day.
- Games must be G-rated and non-violent (no fighting, guns, explosions, etc.).
- Ask for help at the desk before printing anything.
- You may print 10 free pages for school assignments (librarians reserve the right to ask for school assignment sheet). All other printing is $.10/page.
- Parents/Guardians accompanying children may sign out a laptop from the desk (ID required).
- Patrons must check out the iPad with their library card.
- The iPad is pre-loaded with games and interactive books for patron use. There is no access to a web browser on the iPad.
- iPad volume must be kept at a reasonable level so as not to disturb other patrons.
- There is a 30-minute time limit for the iPad. A timer will be started at the beginning of your session. When the timer goes off, the iPad must be returned to the desk.
- The iPad is for use by children only.
- Children in the second grade and under must have an adult present at all times during iPad use.
- The iPad may be checked out for in-room use only. The iPad may not be taken into the courtyard, bathroom, upstairs or out of the building.
- No food or drink while using the iPad.
- The Staff Only folder on the iPad is for staff use only. Patrons are not to use apps within the folder.
- Attempts to tamper with the timer or iPad settings will result in a suspension of technology privileges.
- The Children’s Room staff reserves the right to terminate iPad use at any time due to inappropriate usage or improper supervision of child/ren.
Feel Free to Talk to A Librarian!