The Oliver Wendell Holmes Library empowers the community of Phillips Academy to learn, discuss, create, and explore. Dedicated to supporting the diverse information and research needs across campus, the Library champions inquiry by providing intellectual support, social opportunities, and a collaborative environment for all.
The OWHL is a…
- Knowledge center,
- Learning community,
- Promoter of information literacy,
- Comfortable and welcoming place for study and learning.
The staff of the Oliver Wendell Holmes Library is committed to:
- Communication and collaboration with all members of the Phillips Academy community
- Respect for each member of the community, supporting patron satisfaction
- Teaching (including critical thinking skills) and learning (including life long learning) for the community
- The acquisition of quality resources and the provision of equitable access to those resources
- Respect for the physical library as a learning environment
- Intellectual Freedom