Returning eBooks and Audiobooks Early
Are you borrowing eBooks or audiobooks from the NOBLE OverDrive site? If so, you may know that you don’t really need to return library eBooks — when their due date is reached, they become inactive for you and available for someone else to borrow. However, it is possible to return them early, and we encourage you to do so. This lets you take out more eBooks and audiobooks if you’ve reached the four-book limit, and it also makes the books available for someone else.
How you return an ebook early depends on how you checked it out and downloaded it:
- If you haven’t downloaded the book, either because you changed your mind about wanting it, or because you’re using the option to Read in Your Browser, you can log in to your account and return the book from your Bookshelf page.
- If you chose the Kindle format, you can login to your Amazon account, go to Manage Your Kindle and return the ebook. [Instructions]
- If you downloaded the book to your computer and opened it in Adobe Digital Editions to transfer to a Nook or other ebook reader, you return it from Adobe Digital Editions. [Instructions]
- If you downloaded the book directly to an iPad, smartphone or other mobile device using the OverDrive Media Console app, you can return the book from the app. [Instructions]
If you finish with an MP3 audiobook early, you can return it before the library lending period expires. Due to licensing agreements, WMA titles cannot be returned prior to expiration.
- If you downloaded the MP3 file to the OverDrive Media Console on a Windows computer, there is an option to return it early. You cannot return MP3 files early from the Mac version of the program.
- If you use an OverDrive Media Console app on an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android smartphone or tablet, a Blackberry or a Windows 7 phone, you can now return audiobook early. This is a new feature, so be sure you have the current version of the app.
- OverDrive Media Console — More information and download links for the PC, Mac and mobile versions of the OverDrive Media Console.
- The book in the upper left was never downloaded, and can be returned using the Return Title button on this screen
- The book in the upper right was downloaded to Kindle, and can be returned by logging into Amazon and going to the Manage Your Kindle page.
- The book in the lower left was downloaded to Adobe Digital Editions, and can be returned by logging into that program..
- The audiobook in the lower right was downloaded to OverDrive Media Console and can be returned by logging in to that program.