The Lynn Public Library is pleased to provide fax service to the public. Patrons needing fax service will be accommodated as soon as possible, but library services and operations will take priority.
- Patrons must have a valid library card.
- Operation of the fax machine is limited to library staff.
- The fax service may not be used for any illegal purpose and patrons must abide by all copyright laws.
- The library is NOT responsible for the quality of the fax received or sent including missing pages, bad transmissions, failure to transmit or incomplete information. Patrons are expected to confirm the receipt of the fax by the other party.
- Patrons must be present when the fax is sent. If transmission is unsuccessful after 3 attempts, the patron must try back at another time.
- The cost for faxes sent is $1.00 per page (local- MA) and $2.00 per page (long distance- outside MA). The cost for incoming faxes is $1.00 per page. The library does not fax to international numbers. Fees must be paid prior to transmission (CASH ONLY).
- Patrons must complete a supplied cover sheet to send a fax. There is no charge for the cover sheet unless it is the only page sent.
- If patrons are expecting a fax, they must notify the library immediately. The library will notify the patron when the fax is received. Patrons have 5 days to pick up their fax, if not picked up, the fax will be discarded and charges will be assessed to the individual.
- All fees must be paid at the time the fax is sent. Any unpaid fax cost will be charged to the patron’s library card.
- Abuse of the fax service may lead to denial of future use.
Approved by the Lynn Pubic Library Board of Trustees: February 24, 2011