- Babel Fish Translation— Enter a URL or a short pieces of text, choose your languages and the Assistant will provide a basic translation.
- BBC Languages — Basic language lessons, essential phrase guides (including sound files), simple language games, and more to help you get started learning a new language.
- Ethnologue — This web site is based on the reference book “Ethnologue: Languages of the World” and provides access to a major database of the world’s languages, including alternate names, geographic information, where spoken, etc.
- Your Dictionary.com — All kinds of dictionaries for different languages and for technical jargon, etc.
- iLoveLanguages — A comprehensive catalog of World Wide Web resources related to the study and teaching of languages
- Ancients Scripts of the World — Writing systems from ancient times, by Lawrence K Lo.
- OWL Handouts — A large collection of webpages on different troublesome aspects of English grammar, spelling and punctuation
American Sign Language
- American Sign Language — Answers to frequently asked questions from the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders.
- Handspeak — A sign language dictionary online, with video clips for over 2,800 signs and many special features
- Ocrat.com— Chinese-related web applications, with a focus on Chinese language learning for English speakers.
- Chinese Characters FAQ— Answers to frequently asked questions about Chinese characters.
- Learning Chinese Online— A good collection of links for Chinese language students, including links on software programs for handling Chinese characters.
- Learn Dutch — “The Learn Dutch website is a resource for Distance Learners who like to exercise their mind with a difficult-to-learn language.”
- CyberItalian— Italian lessons and other resources on Italy and the Italian language.
- Brazilian Portuguese Language — Portuguese grammar and idioms, with an emphasis on the differences between Brazilian Portuguese and the language as it is spoken in Portugal.
- Welsh — A Beginning Course in Welsh