Home and Family
Marriage and Family
- Parents and Kids — “A guide to smart parenting from baby to teen,” including a list of North Shore Resources, from the Townonline website
- Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange — “MARE is a private, non-profit agency providing extensive resources, programs and services related to foster care adoption. This Web site provides information on the adoption process as well as a partial photolisting of children available for adoption, a calendar of events and trainings, on-line forms and related links.”
- My ParenTime — There are articles, chat groups and many other interesting and searchable features on this site
- National Parent Information Network — National Parent Information Network is a project sponsored by the ERIC (Education Research Information Clearinghouse) with information provided by many cooperating organizations. The purpose of NPIN is to provide information to parents and those who work with parents and to foster the exchange of parenting materials. Materials included full text on NPIN have been reviewed for reliability and usefulness.
- Kidsource — A collection of children’s health care and education resources.
- Yahoo Pets — A guide to pet resources on the Web
- AVMA Care for Pets — The American Veterinary Medicine Association offers this large collection of pet care information
- NetPets — Information and links for products, services, health, organizations and other information on birds, dogs, cats, horses and fish
- Cat Fancy Online — The online version of the popular cat magazine, with information on breeds, breeders, shelters, health care and more.
- Dog Fancy Online — The online version of the popular dog magazine, with information on breeds, breeders, shelters, health care and more.
- American Kennel Club — Official site of the association
Cooking, Food and Nutrition
- Food and Nutrition Information Center — A collection of information from the United States Department of Agriculture
- Boston.com: Food –Recipes, articles, reviews and other food features from the Boston Globe
- New York Times: Dining and Wine — Articles, reviews, recipes and features on food, nutrition, entertaining and more.
- FoodNetwork — Recipes, articles, videos and other features
- RecipeSource — This huge collection of recipes includes categories for different types of food, ethnic groups, and even special categories like baby food, dog treats, and crafts recipes.
- GourmetSpot — A good starting point for information on cooking and fine dining
- Epicurious Food — This site from CondeNet includes a huge, searchable collection of recipes from Bon Appetit and Gourmet magazines.
- Food from Family.com — Family.com’s Food page includes cookbooks to browse, a meal planner, and even a shopping list to take to the supermarket.
- AllRecipes.com — This popular site has a large collection of recipes, articles and special features on food, cooking and entertaining
- The Recipe Link — “Your guide to what’s cooking on the Net”– includes master index of over 6,000 food and cooking links.
- Vegetarian Resource Group — Information and links to vegetarian resources on the World Wide Web.
Needlework, Sewing and Textiles