If you are a registered borrower of a NOBLE library, you can
- View a list of items you have checked out
- Renew the items you have checked out
- View your outstanding fines
- Request items (place holds)
- View a list of items you have on hold
- Cancel your holds
To access your account, you will need to type in your name, library card
number, and a Personal Identification Number (PIN). To obtain a PIN, you must
present identification at a NOBLE member library.
View Checked Out Items
When you view checked out items, you will see the titles and due dates for items that you currently have checked out.
You will be able to renew any checked out items provided:
- The item has not reached the maximum number of renewals
- There are no holds on the item
- Renewals are allowed on this item
- Renewing the item will not accrue a fine
- An overdue notice has not yet been sent for this item (if overdue)
In addition, if you have accrued previous fines and bills on your record, or your library card has expired, you will not be able to renew items.
View Outstanding Fines
When you view your outstanding fines, you will see details of each title that was returned late to the library, how much is owed in overdue fines, the due date, and date the item was returned. In addition to fines, you may also see bills for material that has not yet been returned. You will either need to pay for the item, or return it to the owning library.
Request Items (Place Holds)
When viewing specific titles in the catalog, you can request the title by clicking the request button. You will be prompted for your name, library card number, and PIN number if you are not already logged in, and you will need to designate a pickup location. If there is a copy available at any of the NOBLE libraries, it will be sent to the pickup location you specified, and you will be notified when the book is ready for pickup. If all copies of the book are circulating, you will be placed in a hold queue and notified when a copy becomes available.
If you receive a message stating that there are no requestable copies, this
could indicate that the material must be used within the library, or all
copies are in storage, mending, etc. Please ask a librarian for assistance
in acquiring the material.
View On Hold Items
When you view your holds, you will see the title, status, and cancel date of holds that you placed. Material can have the following status:
- Ready for Pickup - This item is waiting for you at the library designated in the Pickup Location column.
- In Transit - This item is being sent to the library designated in the Pickup Location column. Inter-library delivery can take several days.
- Blank Status - An item has not yet become available to fill this request.
You can cancel any holds that you currently have if you no longer need the material.
Change Your PIN
You will be able to change your Personal Identification Number at any time. You will be required to enter the old PIN. If you lose your PIN, you will need to present identification at a NOBLE library to obtain a new one.
PIN's can be up to 40 characters in length and must contain lowercase letters, numbers, or a combination of both.
For Your Privacy
When you have finished viewing your patron record, please remember to click the logout button. This is particularly important on public PC's in libraries and computer labs. Personal information will not be stored on the computer for later users to see by clicking the back arrow; however, if you leave the computer logged into your record, your personal information will be visible to others.