In Library Database
- Ancestry – includes census & voter lists; birth, marriage & Death certificates; military records as well as immigration & travel lists; city directories and more. This is the only one of our databases that must be accessed in the library.
You can access many online databases at home with your library card barcode and password. Please, visit the library to get a password. For your privacy and security, we are not able to issue passwords by telephone.
General Databases and Database families
- EBSCOHost Magazine Index – General Periodical Index with full text of articles. Magazine indexes and articles on specialized topics such as health and business, animals, and prescription & over-the-counter drugs.
- Infotrac by Gale Cengage Learning – A General Periodical database with full text articles and databases on specialized topics such as biography, health, business and more.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online – More than just an Encyclopedia - includes photos, images, timelines, quotations, an atlas, and Year in Review. Also a Dictionary and Thesaurus and a Spanish/English Dictionary.
- Biography in Context – Search for people by name, occupation, nationality, ethnicity, birth/death dates and places, or gender. Features people in the news and provides a resource for biographical research.
- Culinary Arts – Major cooking and nutrition magazines - includes thousands of searchable recipes, restaurant reviews, and industry information.
Health and Wellness Resource Center:
- Health and Wellness Resource Center – Includes articles from general interest publications, health and medical journals, numerous reference volumes, videos, pamphlets.
- General BusinessFile ASAP – Analyzes company performance and activity, industry events and trends; the latest in management, economics and politics. Access to a combination of broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings with full text. 1980-present.
Gardening & Horticulture
- Gardening, Landscaping & Horticulture – For farmers, landscape architects, and biotechnologists and backyard gardeners - anyone interested in agriculture in all of its forms
History & Social Studies
- ABC CLIO – American History, World History (Ancient, Medieval & Modern) and World Georgraphy
- New York Times – 1985 - present
- Boston Globe Archives – 1980 to present
- Massachusetts History
- Opposing Viewpoints – Social Issues - includes articles, primary source documents, court cases, statistics and more.
- Literary Reference Center – A full text database that includes resources from a wide variety of literary sources.
- McGraw Hill's AccessScience – Find information on Science and Technology.
Other Reference Databases:
- Auto Repair Reference Center – Provides detailed information on auto repair
- General Reference Center Gold – A general interest database that integrates a variety of sources - newspapers, reference books, magazines, and trade publications.
- Learn-A-Test – Practice tests, review, test-taking skills, SAT, GRE GED, Toefl and more! Available to Everett residents
- Professional Collection – Articles for the educator.
- Britannica Spanish Reference Center – Este portal le ofrece recursos de referencia en español en dos interfaces exclusivas; Enciclopedia Moderna para adultos y estudiantes y Britannica Escolar Online para estudiantes de 6 a 12 años de edad.
- ¡Informe! (Revistas en Español)TM – Informe! is the first reference database to provide indexing, full text, and images of the most popular Hispanic magazines. It also includes full text pamphlets on a variety of topics, such as health care.