Home » Science
Category Archives: Science
JoVE describes itself as “a peer reviewed, free access, online journal devoted to the publication of biological research in a video format.” Founded in 2007 by Moshe Pritsker, JoVE is a collection high-quality, professionally recorded videos from the labs of top universities and research institutions, showing cutting-edge research in the life sciences. The emphasis here is on demonstrating experimental techniques which are often difficult to understand or replicate based on written description in journals. JoVE’s videos are included in PubMed, and they recently began adding videos in the areas of medicine and psychology.
JoVE is one of a growing number of sites sharing high-quality science videos aimed at everyone from elementary school students to graduate students, professional scientists and the general public.
Science Video Sites
Links on Science Videos
- Top Ten Amazing Biology Videos — Brief article posted by Aaron Rowe in Wired Science, November 23, 2008
- A Video Community for Biologists — Brief article posted by Aaron Rowe in Wired Science, May 17, 2007
- Biology Videos Now Available on PubMed — Brief article posted by Aaron Rowe in Wired Science, August 18, 2008
- Meet JoVE: The YouTube Of Scientific Journals — Brief article by Zeina Siam, The Tech, MIT
- Out in the Open: Some Scientists Sharing Results — Article by Carolyn Y. Johnson in the Boston Globe, August 21, 2008, on JoVE and the open science movement.