- Professional Development Collection — “Designed for professional educators, this database provides a highly specialized collection of more than 550 high quality education journals, including more than 350 peer-reviewed titles. This database also contains more than 200 educational reports.” This licensed database is only available to users of NOBLE member libraries. For home access, you will need to enter your library card barcode.
- ERIC: Educational Resources Information Center — National information system designed to provide users with ready access to an extensive body of education-related literature.
- FREE: Federal Resources for Educational Excellence
- Education World — Education news, chat forums, site reviews, and links to commercial sites.
- Global Schoolhouse — Internet resources and classroom projects for the education community.
- America’s Best Colleges — Special features from US News and World Report
- Peterson’s Education Portal — Information on colleges, financial aid and test preparation
- Yahoo College Search — A searchable guide to colleges
- ScholarStuff — College directory, links to scholarships and financial aid,etc.
Associations, Organizations and Agencies
- United States Department of Education
- Massachusetts Department of Education
- Massachusetts Board of Higher Education
- MASSPAC: Massachusetts Association of Special Education Parent Advisory Councils
- National Education Association
- Massachusetts Home Learning Association — An association that supports home learning as an alternative to public or private schooling
English as a Second Language
- Englishclub.com — You will find grammar help, vocabulary, quizzes, games and forums at this website.
- English for Everybody — This is a collection of English language lessons and practice tests.. If you have questions, you can post them to “Ask the Prof” and see the answers the next day.
- BBC World Service: Learning English — High interest, current learning material. Listen to the story, read the text, take interactive quizzes and more.
- Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab — A collection of audio files for the ESL student, with pre-listening exercises and interactive quizzes.
- Dave’s ESL Cafe — Dave Sperling’s popular ESL starting point features job listings, lesson plans, links, and more
- TEFL.net — A popular portal aimed at teachers, with job listings, articles, teaching material, book reviews.
- TESL-EJ — An academic, refereed, freely distributed, electronic journal, featuring articles and reviews of books and other media.
- Internet TESL Journal — Another web-based electronic journal with articles and a collection of teaching materials, including discussion questions, classroom game and activity ideas, and more.
- OWL Handouts — Teachers and students looking for straightforward explanations and examples on many different points of grammar, punctuation, and other aspects of written English will find some really useful material among the handouts from OWL, Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab