General Consumer Information
- Consumer Topics — A large collection of consumer information from the federal government
- “Do Not Call” Program — Sign up for Massachusetts Office of Consumer Affairs & Business Regulation’s “Do Not Call” list which identifies a residential phone number as one which is not to receive telemarketing calls to reduce telemarketing calls to your home
- National Do Not Call List — The National Do Not Call Registry is managed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency.”
- Direct Marketing Association: Mail Preference Service — Sign up to have your name removed from commercial postal mailing lists
- Consumer Product Safety Commission — This independent Federal regulatory agency works to “keep American families safe by reducing the risk of injury or death from consumer products.”
- The Better Business Bureau — The Better Business Bureau provides online access to business and consumer alerts, consumer news, consumer complaint forms and more.
- Consumer World — “Consumer World is a public service site which has gathered over 1700 of the most useful consumer resources on the Internet, and categorized them here for easy access.”
- The BizRate Guide — BizRate is an independent guide to quality online merchants.
- Annual Credit Report — “AnnualCreditReport.com is a centralized service for consumers to request annual credit reports. It was created by the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies, Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.”
- United States Postal Service Postal Inspection Service — The Postal Inspection Service provides information on sweepstakes and lotteries, telephone solicitation, employment schemes, and other common consumer frauds.
- Consumer Information Center — The full text of hundreds of brochures is available from the federal government’s Consumer Information Center in Pueblo, Colorado.
- Yahoo! Autos— Yahoo’s auto guide is a great starting point for automotive information on the Web.
- Edmund’s Automobile Buyer’s Guides— A great collection of free information from the publishers of Edmund’s Auto Guides.
- Kelley Blue Book— The Kelley Blue Book site includes new and used car prices.
- AutoSite— AutoSite is a commercial system, but many of their resources are available free and without registration.
- Car Talk — The official site of Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers, Tom and Ray Magliozzi, and their popular NPR radio program