Resetting Your Password
On May 29, the libraries of NOBLE moved to a new library system. Passwords on our former system were encrypted for privacy and could not be moved to the new system, so in order to log in to the new system for the first time, you will need to reset your password.
You’ll also be able to reset your password at any time if you forgot your old password. In order to use this feature, you must have a valid e-mail address in your library record.
If you have a problem resetting your password, please contact your library for help.
- Log in to Your Account — Go to the login page for the catalog, and click on Reset Your Password
- Enter the barcode number from your library card without spaces.
Note: You can enter either your barcode or your user name here, but the first time you log in, you won’t have a user name. User name is a feature of our new system that lets you set a nickname to use to as an alternative to your password when you login to the catalog.
- Check your e-mail. If there was an e-mail address in your library record, you should have received an e-mail message containing a special link that you can use to reset your password.
- If you received the e-mail message, click on the link and enter your new password.
- If you did not receive the message, there are two possibilities: You may have a different e-mail address in your library record, and the message was sent there. If you can’t remember what e-mail address you might have used or don’t have access to it, check with your library for help. The message may have been sent to the right address, but not received for some reason. Check to make sure it is not in a spam folder.